SONA: Unpeeled consists of a series of live events showcasing women in electronic music.
Each event contains a performance by an invited musician using innovative music technology. Performances will be followed by an artist talk and discussion, aimed at skill sharing, and with a view to breaking down barriers to entry into music technology. Alongside the events SONA will present an interactive sound art installation, responding in real time to live room sound.
Events are open to everyone – please see the linked pages below for further details and booking links.
Here are some dates for your diary!
- SONA open studio, 14 Sep 2018
- Unpeeled: Ryoko Akama, 21 Sep 2018
- Unpeeled: Ambel Skuse, 13 Oct 2018 – further details soon!
- Unpeeled: Vicky Clarke, 2 Nov 2018 – further details soon!
- Unpeeled: Sarah Watts, 30 Nov 2018 – further details soon!
- Unpeeled: Otherworld, 7 Dec 2018 – further details soon!
Alongside each event, SONA will create an interactive sound installation, generating a unique soundscape that responds in real-time to live input sound. The installation will welcome performers and audience into an environment designed to explore sound in space. It will serve as an aural record of the project by inviting musicians and audience members alike to contribute to the soundscape.
- SONA Unpeeled installation development – coming soon!
- SONA Unpeeled installation documentation – coming soon!
These events are generously supported by the Sound and Music Composer-Curator programme, PRS Foundation and Arts Council England.